Eichhorn-Lorenz Phenological Stages
Edith Byrne, Association Program Educator I
Lake Erie Regional Grape Program
January 20, 2013
Eichhorn-Lorenz Phenological Stages:
- (1) Winter dormancy
- (2) Bud swelling
- (3) Wool (doeskin stage)
- (5) Bud burst
- (6) Green shoot
- (7) First leaf unfolded
- (9) 2 to 3 leaves unfolded
- (12) 4 to 6 leaves unfolded; inflorescence clearly visible
- (15) Inflorescence elongating; flowers closely pressed together
- (17) Inflorescence fully developed; flowers separating
- (19) Beginning of flowering; first caps falling
- (21) Early flowering; 25% of caps fallen
- (23) Full flowering; 50% of caps fallen
- (25) Late flowering; 80% of caps fallen
- (27) Fruit set; young fruits beginning to swell
- (29) Berries small; bunches begin to hang (4-6 mm)
- (31) Berries pea-sized; bunches hang (7-10 mm)
- (33) Beginning of berry touch
- (35) Beginning of berry ripening
- (38) Berries ripe for harvest
2014 Finger Lakes Grape Program EnrollmentThe FLGP provides you with a direct link to the latest information from Cornell and other resources around the country on topics that are important to you as a grape grower including pest management, vineyard nutrition, crop management, and farm business and marketing. When you enroll in the FLGP, you are helping to support a wide variety of efforts that the program undertakes every year in order to serve the needs of the region's grape industry, including
- Tailgate Meetings - Informal grower meetings are held every other week during the growing season where growers and FLGP staff can interact with each other to discuss current conditions in the vineyards and research findings that provide grower with tangible solutions to vineyard issues at that time of year.
- Vineyard Updates' email newsletter - A newsletter distributed weekly via email during the growing season to those enrolled in the FLGP. Each newsletter covers current growing conditions in the region, timely reminders and suggestions for vineyard and pest management practices, updates on applied research and extension projects, and much more.
- New York Grape & Wine Classifieds - A free, web-based classified ad service for all New York grape growers and wineries, the Classifieds helps buyers and sellers of fruit, bulk wine, equipment and industry services to find each other.
Click to enroll online now or you may print out an enrollment form and mail to our office.